IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Evelyn Alexander
Type of Work/Specialism: Child Protection, Parenting Capacity Assessment, Voice of the Child, Fostering Assessments.
CORU Registration Number: SW00350
Region/Location: All areas considered
Languages Spoken: English
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Evelyn Alexander has over 11 years’ experience as a professionally qualified social worker in front line and leadership positions at Tusla Child and Family Services in Dublin City Centre.
- She has worked primarily in statutory child protection situations, dealing with child abuse, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol affected family breakdown, and family trauma due to legal separation. She has delivered the Positive Parenting Programme and works with children to ensure their voices are heard as a fundamental part of all the work she does. This is also a central aspect of her experience in administering the section 20 reports requested by the courts.
- Evelyn has trained as a facilitator in Restorative Justice, and worked for the Tallaght Restorative Justice Programme for two years
- Prior to her career in social work, Evelyn spent over 20 years working with children and families in education, running an early childhood education centre and teaching primary school children.
- Bachelor of Social Science, University College Dublin
- Masters in Social Work, University College Dublin
- N.C.V.A Level 2 Award: Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in Montessori Education
Professional Registration: CORU and IASW
- In her continuous professional development, Evelyn has completed IASW training courses on Domestic Violence, Substance Misuse, and Play Skills for Direct Work with Children.
- As part of her work in addressing domestic violence, Evelyn completed the "Drama and Co-Dependency” Domestic Violence training at Bray Women’s Refuge.
- Completed 20 hours direct training in Attachment and Psychopathology with Dr Patrica Crittenden
- Completed Joint Practice Teacher Training University College Dublin and Trinity College Dublin