IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Denis Cullen
Telephone: 083 404 7506
Type of Work/Specialism: Mental Health, Assessment, Supervisor, Facilitator, Serious Incident Reviews and Root Cause Analysis
CORU Registration Number: SW004134
Region/Location: West of Ireland, Clare, Galway, Limerick / Nationwide as required / Online
Languages spoken: English
Business name/address: Denis Cullen Consultancy
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- A highly experienced social worker (Ireland & UK registered) with over 35 years experience in the field of mental health across community, hospital, criminal justice, and forensic mental health services.
- Working independently since 2017.
- Highly experienced at both practitioner and senior manager level, bringing independent expertise across both Health & Social Care sectors.
- Successful delivery of internal and external training and organizational leadership.
- Highly experienced and effective social work supervisor (via both individual and group settings).
Qualifications: CQSW, M.A., Dip. Counselling, PG Dip. Forensic Behavioural Science, Advanced Dip. Personal, Leadership and Executive Coaching.
- CORU (Ireland)
- Social Work England (UK)
- European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Professionally qualified and Accredited Personal, Executive, & Leadership Coach - facilitating individual, team, and organisational achievement and growth.
- Assessment of Risk and Post-Incident Review via Root Cause Analysis.
- As a contracted Tribunal Lay Member, I bring an independent perspective to the role and function of the Mental Health Review Tribunal Panel on behalf of The Mental Health Commission of Ireland.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting Religious Organisations across Ireland and England in respect of individual and organisational assessment of risk and safeguarding requirements.
Having worked independently since 2017 I have acquired a diverse range of additional experience including:
- Provider of Independent Consultancy services to UK NHS trusts, supporting and leading on post-homicide/suicide serious incident reviews in line with statutory requirements
- Providing independent risk assessments for Tusla Child & Family services, and separately for catholic church diocese’ including associated religious orders across Ireland on behalf of The Irish Child & Family Institute.
- Leading a successful whole-systems review on behalf of a large UK NHS Trust of Mental Health Policy, Practice and Procedures including implementation of Quality Improvement outcome measures aligned to national standards/policy.