IASW Independent Social Workers
Name: Eugene McCarthy
Telephone: 086 811 8032
Type of Work/Specialism: UK Connected Persons, Fostering and Special Guardian Order Assessments (Hague Convention). Brussels II Placement Assessments (Art 55/Art56), Adult Safeguarding, Mediation, Human Rights and Empowerment
CORU Registration Number: SW005439
Region/Location: Republic of Ireland
Languages spoken: English
Business name/address: Social Work Solutions Ireland. 77 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, D02 XE80 & 74 South Mall, Co. Cork, T12 F3FD
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- I work regularly for the High Court Wards of Court Office & The Office of the General Solicitor Dublin, in relation to the safety & welfare of older persons and vulnerable adults.
- I work extensively in childcare and undertake fostering, Connected Person (CoramBAAF), & Special Guardian assessments for UK Social Services seeking to place children in Ireland.
- I possess 20 years’ experience as a Guardian Ad Litem & advocate in Child Care proceedings.
- I provide ongoing follow-up support, review, and oversight in all areas.
- As a qualified barrister I work to ensure a Human Rights based approach to social work and agency practice, and in the delivery of services to all client groups.
- Qualified Mediator Mediators Institute of Ireland
- Diploma in Counselling Skills ICHAS
- Social Studies Trinity College Dublin
- CQSW Trinity College Dublin
- Diploma in Legal Studies Kings inns Dublin
- Guardian Ad Litem Training State of Maine Judicial Courts Maine USA
- Barrister at law Degree Kings Inns Dublin
Professional registrations: Ireland: IASW & The Irish Foster Care Association / UK: Coram BAAF & NAGALRO
Extra skills: 2014-2019 External Lecturer to final year social work students Trinity College Dublin Providing modules in:
- Conflict & Mediation
- Human Rights- a Social Work perspective,
- The Guardian Ad Litem in childcare proceedings
- Assisted Decision Making Capacity Act 2015
- Natural Justice & Fair Procedure in Social Work