IASW Supervisors 2020
Name: Tony Carlin
Type of Work/Specialism: General
Telephone: 085 177 5007
CORU Registration Number: SW001769
Charge per hour: € 60
Description of relevant experience/profile:
- Principal Social Worker since 2007. Medical Social Work - Oncology, Palliative Care, Bereavement and Loss.
- Child Protection and Welfare, children at risk, children in care. Addiction. Probation - prison and community settings, Young Person’s Probation.
- Family Conferencing, therapeutic work with young offenders, substance misusers, sex offenders, and life sentence prisoners.
- Court work - court preparation and report writing.
- Placement Practice Tutor: Trinity College Dublin 2006 -2010.
- Master’s in Social Work thesis supervisor.
- Practice Teacher: Since 1993 Social Work and Addictions Studies placements.
Qualifications: CQSW, MA (Social Work), M.Sc. (Drug and Alcohol Policy), BA (Hons) Psychology and P. Cert CBT
Professional registrations: CORU
Extra skills: Social Work Manager since 2000. Extensive supervisory experience of social workers in a variety of settings. Model used – Tony Morrison model